Sasha has lived and worked in Australia, Asia and Europe. He is a graduate with honors from Glion Hotel Management, Switzerland. Most recently, Sasha undertook a Master of International Business (MIB) from The University of Melbourne.
Sasha embarked on his career in London, working within the hotel finance department of Conrad Hotel in a position of cost controller. Later he was part of the Accor pre-opening team in Asia. He then gained experience with a software training company in the capacity of business development manager for UK/Europe, where he was instrumental in successfully concluding a cross border merger & acquisition of the leading UK hotel training company with an Australian firm that was servicing key clients including Accor, Radisson and Hyatt.
Sasha’s career then took him to central Europe where he worked as a senior hotel consultant and later director for the CEE region, with Jones Lang LaSalle and Cushman & Wakefield; providing a full range of services, including feasibility studies, real-estate valuations, operational reviews, hotel financing, investment services and hotel operator selection within the real-estate and hospitality industries in Austria, Germany, Hungary, Romania, Croatia, Serbia, Slovakia, Montenegro and Spain.
In recent years, Sasha managed several projects and assignments, which included the following:
• Tivat, Montenegro: Development valuation for a planned mixed-use resort.
• Amanresorts: Completed an extensive feasibility of the planned amanresorts Sveti Stefan for EBRD. The project was approved and financed by EBRD.
• General Manager at the New York Palace Boscolo Hotel (Business turnaround mandate).
• Operational review of 13 hotel properties in Hungary and Austria on behalf of CIB bank (subsidiary of Banca Intesa) in cooperation with the workout and restructuring departments of the bank.
• Investment Sale: represented owner in the sale of Mercure (Vaci utca) and Ibis (Hero Square) hotels, including the introduction to the buyer, negotiating and drafting presale/purchase agreement and concluding the transaction.