Reflecting on a dynamic panel at the Atlantic Ocean Hotel Investors' Summit, yesterday, moderated by our Group CEO Roger Allen, it's clear why he described it as a "rockstar panel of executives."
The discussion, featuring Alexander Schneider, John Alarcon, Dillip Rajakarier and Adrian Bridge, provided a multifaceted view of the luxury hospitality sector's future.
Dillip Rajakarier - Group CEO at Minor International/ CEO at Minor Hotels
John Alarcon - VP Development Luxury & Lifestyle Brands - Spain and Portugal - ACCOR
Adrian Bridge - Chief Executive Officer at The Fladgate Partnership and The Yeatman Hotel
Alexander Schneider - Chief Operating Officer at Sani Ikos Group
Market Predictions for 2024
- The panel's forecasts were a mixed bag, with some expecting a 15% growth, while others raised concerns about maintaining ADR levels compared to 2023.
- Portugal continues to be a beacon of growth in European tourism, promising further development.
- Challenges of recruiting and retaining staff remain a significant concern for the industry.
- Dillip Rajakarier was positive: MINOR is gearing up for a record year.
- Adrian Bridge highlighted a key trend – Independent Boutique Hotels are not just competing but excelling against big international brands. He eloquently communicated this through the Yeatman's success story.
As RLA Global, we left AOHIS 2024 enriched with insights and aware of the challenges ahead.
There is a general optimism about the marketplace, tempered by the realities we face in human resource management and the complexities of market dynamics.
Heartfelt thanks to our panelists and attendees for engaging in such a meaningful dialogue.
We look forward to participating at the GIOHIS event on March 4-5 in Abu Dhabi.