Expert investors, operators and consultants explored creative ideas for innovative co-living concepts of the future at the workshop session ‘The Future of Co-Living Developments’, superbly hosted by Jonathan Humphries, chairman at Hocoso.
RLA Group CEO Roger Allen led the session on 'Healthy buildings' and sustainability, joining the following other focus groups and hosts:
- Investor considerations - Lissa Engle, Founder and MD, Berkeley Capital Group,
- Room design - Janice Mitten, Partner, Head of Business Development, Dexter Moren Associates,
- Services & operations - Jouke Baaima, Director and Co-owner at ServicedApartments.nl and Corporate Housing Factory,
- Public spaces - Jan Garde, Founder and Chairman, The Embassies of Good Living,
- Networks in the neighbourhood - Peter Heule, CEO Short Stay Group & Yays,
- Technology and distribution - Satyan Joshi, Google.
Key takeaways from the 'Healthy buildings' and sustainability session, hosted by Roger Allen, were that healthy properties and living spaces are fully dependent on 100% renewable energy sources and eliminate unnecessary property waste (such as food, packaging and energy) as well as carbon footprint (for example, use local drinking water supply and not imported). Provide the best environment for rest and sleep with purified air quality, lighting for health (biological lighting, circadian lighting), building temperature for inducing better health, controlled noise & acoustics and a control mechanism for managing electrosmog exposure.
For more information about Recharge